Saturday, October 08, 2005

what is about this time of year?

What's the deal with fall? I love this time of year -- the crisp days, the amazing colors, the settling in every night with the family... so cozy. And yet, I experience such death and depression. What I'm refering to this year is the unfortunate, harsh reality that I am not a good friend. My reason for saying this: I recently learned of someone I know truly struggling with life and literally on the verge of a breakdown. But she has no desire to turn to me. Not that I'm all that cool, but apparently, I'm not all that trustworthy. Facing this sucks. And the trick then is realizing this hurts, yes, but I'm still commanded to risk again and to be vulnerable, and to attempt to trust again; even if I am judged unworthy.

Anyway, if anyone out there has advice on this, feel free...

No comments: